Latest message you have seen: RE: IR controlled power strip/plug?

Re: x-box media centre & Pronto

JT @ Home wrote:

>Chaps,
>
>I've got XBMC up and running - however at the moment, when I start the
>box on, I'm presented with a dashboard, which I have to scroll through
>to then select XBMC. do you think it would be possible to setup a
pronto
>macro, so I could have a button marked 'media centre' (or whatever)
>which would then turn the xbox on, change the scart switcher, scroll
>down to the 4th option (to select xbmc) ??
>
>Is this possible?
>
>Kind regards,
>Jonathan.

I dont believe you can power the XBox up via infra red can you ?? I haven't
actually got the IR remote (yet) but that's what someone told me....  The
rest should be do-able (assuming its standard IR not irDA) though and you
can also insert XBMC into any 'level' of the dashboard screens or even, as
mentioned,  boot straight into XBMC if you wanted