RE: Re: CTI Meteor Setup

  • Subject: RE: Re: CTI Meteor Setup
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:56:43 -0000

Richard,

Serial Port setup:
Active Ports - Comm X ticked
Settings - 1200,N,8,1
Handshaking - None
Always Open - ticked
DTR - ticked
RTS - Ticked
Device - Generic
Strip Term Chars - unticked

Everything else - unticked

Caller ID Setup:
Enabled and correct port set
Format - Meteor
Don't reformat number - selected

Everything else - as required

I also run a script 'cidpre.vbs' to strip out unwanted characters and
commas. This is the script:

Sub
cidpre(l,ln,name,number,cidday,cidmonth,cidhour,cidminute,cidtype,priority,cidfile,wav,tts,other)
'this script is run whenever Caller ID data is received, but BEFORE ACE
processes the cid info
'It is enabled/disabled from a checkbox on the GENERAL tab of the Caller ID
Config window.
'This script shows how to convert the caller's name to all lower case.
'l = line number (1-4)
'ln = line name
'name = caller's name
'number = caller's number
'cidday = day of the month
'cidmonth = month
'cidhour = hour of call
'cidminute = minute of call
'cidtype = 1=known, 2=stranger local, 3=stranger LD, 4=unavailable,
5=blocked
'priority = priority of caller (0-15)
'cidfile = caller id INI file (path and filename)
'wav = wav file assigned to caller in cid.ini, * if none (WAV=)
'tts = tts text assigned to caller in cid.ini, * if none (TTS=)
'other = other data assigned to caller in cid.ini, * if none (Other=)

'the following line will convert the name to all lower case
'name=lcase(name)
'then write it back to ACE
'aces.setcidname cint(l),cstr(name) '(that's an L, not a "one"
for the first parameter)

'the following line can be commented/uncommented for testing (it will
display the caller's name in a popup window)
'msgbox name

'the following line can be commented/uncommented for testing (it will speak
the caller's name using ace-tts)
'aces.execute "aces:say:" & name,"1234"

'Added to give a pause PG
number = replace(number," ",",")
number = replace(number,"-",",")
aces.setcidnumber cint(l), cstr(number)

End Sub

Most lines are comments but I thought I'd leave them in. I use BT - if you
use some other provider, then your CID string that Meteor receives may be
different. This is easily checked by using the serial port monitor in ACE
(ACE is really good for monitoring this king of thing).

Hope this helps,

Paul.

wrote:
> > You need to ensure the settings are correct:
> >
> > 1200 baud, 8 bits, no parity ,1 stop bit
> >
> > I think you can actually use terminal - I have before IIRC.
You'll
> see the data coming in when the phone rings or you use the phone
> locally.
> >
> > I use ACE to announce the caller or number with two Meteor's
> connected to work and home lines. AT&T Natural Voices TTS
announces

<richard.boreham@n...>

> it to
installation