Re: [OT] Satnav for VW Passat

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Satnav for VW Passat
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:53:49 -0000

TomTom3 on a PDA for me.  I have to drive to a number of unknown sites
every
week and it has been great - had for almost a year.  PDA screen size is
fine - changes of direction are very obvious as well as voice prompts.

I would recommend getting a demo of a few systems - what part of the world
are you in - I am sure a 5 minute demo of TomTom or TomTom Go would make
you
a convert.

The TomTom/PDA combo also gives you locations of speed
cameras/MacDonalds/Norman Churches, whatever floats your boat as well as
being a PDA so you can play MP3s and browse the web when you ge there.

I think My TomTom/DellAxim combo has been my best VFM money buy from this
list! Now that's saying something!  Possibly Tivo.

My twopenneth!

Tim.