PIR cabling and C-Bus Cabling

Hi there,

I am currently starting to cable a new house down here in NZ and have a
couple of questions:
1) What cable type should I run for PIR's - especially since there is a
possibility of wanting both security and occupancy detection ie. two PIR's.
I assume I should run alarm cable 4 or 6 pair.  I assume the reason for
alarm cable is that it is stranded rather than cat5e?
2) Can I use 3 pair bell telephone cable for reed switches on the doors and
windows - it is thiner than alarm cable.
3) How does C-Bus deal with looping the cable bus. Do they put both ends of
the bus cable into the same plug and crimp or do they have two sockets
paralleled up on the C-Bus device and simply split the cable where required
and crimp plugs onto the two ends.

Cheers and thanks
Shane