Re: fire proofing node0 ?

Marcus,

Actually BRE Digest 208 states that an existing ceiling of 15mm - 20mm
plaster on a wood lath may possibly contribute up to 20 mins to the fire
resistance of the timber joist, dependent on its condition.

But you should not add additional layers to your ceiling as this will
probably cause it to fail quicker.

A solution maybe to use one layer of 12.5mm Gyprox Fireline this will
provide you with 30mins fire protection.

See:

www.british-gypsum.bpb.com

for more info.

HTH or at least helps you to get a start.

But what about the door? Surely this needs to be fire rated as well?

Regards,

Ho yin