RE: [OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:20:19 -0000

crashes"....."and the
> video's been going for years"...etc etc. They now hardly ever
> watch Freeview :-/

Yeah - bloody annoying - my inlaws ended up with my Pace Twin Tuner HD
Recorder which (for me) had been *COMPLETELY* stable for ages but
"someone"
decided to feck about with it and update it to the latest firmware and
since
then it's been as flaky as a flaky thing with a flake in it and they no
longer use it.

Of course they didn't tell me about it as they didn't want to bother me so
the first I know about it what when I went round last week and saw a big
gap
where it used to be and a "borrowed" Sony Freeview tuner in its
place ...

... I wish more of these firmware authors would realise that whereas a
grownup will (or at least *SHOULD*) exercise caution when presented with
the
message "Are you sure you want to replace your current firmware with
this
new one?" an eight year old playing about with the sets menus whilst
he's in
the room on his own does not have the same misgivings and of course that's
what they want to do. :-(

Phil