Velux Window Openers - A Possible Solution

  • Subject: Velux Window Openers - A Possible Solution
  • From: "Neil Fuller" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:35:49 -0000

Chaps

I know the question of opening Velux windows automatically comes up from
ti=
me to time.

With an impending extension build coming up (Ho yin does do some nice
desig=
ns!), I've now researched the commercial actuator market and found the
foll=
owing;

www.secontrols.com

They are the UK importers for the Italian made Mingardi range of actuators=
=20

http://www.mingardimagnetic.com/inglese/default.htm

Mingardi also make a range of magnetic locks  etc.

The sales chap I spoke with said that the most expensive chain actuator
was=
approx =A3150 so they seem somewhat cheaper than the Velux option too.

A possible downside is that they fit on the frame rather than being hidden
=
inside it but some would say that is a positive aspect when the things
brea=
k down.

A real plus point is that they accept standard signals (230v, 3 wire or
24v=
reverse polarity) so no messing about with the Velux interface.

SE controls also produce a control box that sits on a LON bus for anyone
us=
ing that technology.

Usual caveats of no association/interest apply.

Regards

Neil