Re: Re: Home Cinema basements?

Mark,

We have lots of semi-basement, i.e. below ground but with light-wells
for the windows.
It's ideal for living areas as it is always cool in summer and easy to
keep warm in winter.

Around here lots of people use semi-basement for kitchen, diner, but
this is mistake as you use this in daytime and want maximum light.
Whereas in our basement curtains are usually drawn as it's for games /
tv etc.

So we have sitting room, movie / play room and laundry / storage room,
node0.
One thing we have, that you don't mention is a loo....essential to
minimise disruption during the movies!!
However unfortunately it isn't a disco loo!!

With kids ideally you want a separate play room, I have HTPC in there
so they can watch ripped DVD's over and over. This way we don't need
tv's all over the house. (We do have iMac's around the house, but then
they are radios / music / photo albums / internet)

Martin