RE: Home Cinema basements?

Hi Mark.

Just registering an interest in this thread, so please keep it on-list
if possible.

My long-term plan to SB has even progressed as far as a reasonably
complete mental design, and this definitely includes a basement with all
of the rooms you have mentioned, and more...

I am also planning a games room, complete with a proper bar, and
possibly my study as well...

One wacky idea that I have (actually maybe not so whacky motivation), is
that I plan to have a "secret passage" coming out off the
basement,
through an underground tunnel below the back garden, and coming up
through a trapdoor in the floor of a summerhouse. Access would be from
the inside only i.e. a means of getting out of the house, not of getting
in, so all latches/locks/handles etc on one side of the various doors
only.

The "maybe not so whacky" motivation for this is to have more
than one
means of escape so as to avoid the possibility of getting trapped down
there in the event of fire...

Am I totally mad? (You don't have to answer that!)

Paul G.

little