RE: Automated Disco Loo ;)

Hi Tim,

There aren't any brackets as such; - it just sits on a timber batten.

If you look closely at the "during construction" pictures, you
can see
that the upper section is panelled as well. There are a couple of timber
battens in 1.5" x 1.5" fixed to the original wall, then the 12mm
MDF
sheet is fixed to it. That depth just happens to be almost exactly the
same depth as the Fuji itself, meaning that the screen is almost
perfectly flush with the face of the MDF when it is pushed into place in
its cut-out. That meant of course that the MDF panel itself is actually
supporting the Fuji and no further support was necessary, however, I put
in an additional batten just underneath the cut-out for extra support.
This is just glued & screwed directly to back of the MDF.

Removing & replacing it is relatively easy. - it's actually quite a
tight fit in the cut-out, since I did such an excellent job of measuring
& cutting the hole for it! Only 'problems' are the power lead and the
network card protrusions.. since there are protrusions on both the top
and one of the sides it is impossible to slide it into place by just
inserting it at an angle with the edge with the protrusion first (if you
see what I mean) since I then hit the edge of the cut-out with the other
protrusion. Because of this I had to cut out extra bits of the MDF to
allow the power plug to pass through as well. (There's no way I can get
to it after its in place to plug it in). You can see the (rather rough!)
cut-out for the power plug in the last picture; fortunately this is
almost completely hidden when the frame is stuck on. (I can just about
see it if I look closely)

Paul G.