Video Sending Problem

  • Subject: Video Sending Problem
  • From: Dave Harris <dh140770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:20:43 +0000 (GMT)

HI All,

Wondering whether anyone can offer a good solution ...

Problem ..
Sky+ Box in Lounge, Computer with DVD Writer and MPEG2 Capture Card in
Upstairs Office .... how to link the 2 together so I can archive my Sky+
recordings.  They are around 15 metres apart.

Here's what I have so far

Solution 1
Drag long cable up stairs everytime I want to use it.  Not too elegant

Solutino 2
Video Sender ... However I have a wireless network, so this will need to be
switched off everytime I want to use the sender, which may be for several
hours at a time.  I am not aware of any video senders which do not
interfere with Wireless Networking.

Solution 3
??????
My colleague just told me about KAT5, however I do not have a wired
network, but I do have an access point near my Sky+ box.
Can KAT5 be used over wireless ?  Has anyone tried this ?

Any other alternative solutions gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Dave