Re: Hauppauge card giving me a shock

John Andrews wrote:

> So can I connect the aerial to my house's earth? Or is there a better
way to
> get rid of this voltage?
>
> And also, I *HAVE* blown a motherboard before by plugging a leaky(?)
aerial
> into a PCI Hauppauge card, so be warned.

Most splitters I have used have a screw on the case of them for exactly
this
purpose. I have mine connected to my equipment rack, which is then grounded
thru
the powerstrip that is attached to it as well as all the computers that are
screwed to it.

Doing this also eliminated the problems I had with buzz on a couple of the
stereos connected to that splitter when they were fed from a computer.