Re: CBUS in general

  • Subject: Re: CBUS in general
  • From: Paul Watkin <paul_watkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:27:04 +0000 (GMT)

snip
> Clipsal also make a DIN rail mounting 4 channel AUX
> input unit which is
> much the same thing as a bus coupler but has a much
> longer wiring length
> spec - in fact it is quoted on ohms at 1K - which is
> a long length of
> wire ! It's also considerably more expensive.
>
> Interestingly - the other way around any lightswitch
> could be adapted
> using a C-Bus coupler to send xAP messages as well
> as control C-Bus
> this way
snip

Gareth,

I used the bus coupler as I intend to add proper CBUS
switches later on so the DIN rail unit is a bit of
overkill, my max cable length to the bus coupler is
about 10 feet. I think the bus coupler came in at
about 40 quid plus vat (I can dig out the invoice if i
get home early thursday).

On the CBUS course Steve Gordon suggested trying the
bus coupler with the existing twin and earth cable and
see if you can get it to work, I chose to pull the
pink cable so as to be consistent but YMMV

If memory serves me correctly the DIN rail unit would
have worked out at around a 100 quid +vat.

If you want accurate prices let me know off list.

Cheers

Paul

Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com