Re: [OT] In fact very OT: Private Car Leasing / Insurance

paul_watkin wrote:

> I am planing on taking this last opportunity to buy something sporty
> before I have to be sensible and buy an estate! so any experience of
> companies offering boxster's/SLK's and the like would be greatly
> appreciated

Nope, sorry, can't equate the first half of that paragraph with the
second ;-)

> Also any recommendations on insuring something like this, my last
> insurance company weren't even interested in quoting a 30 yo with
> full NCB on these types of cars.

You should be able to get an insurer to give you a few years NCD if you
can show you've been driving for a while without any incidents (letter
from your fleet manager perhaps?). The premium on a Boxster/SLK at 30
years old should be quite reasonable. You might have better luck with a
broker though. My golf is insured on a matched NCD basis (proper NCD
used elsewhere...) via A-plan (www.a-plan.co.uk)...

Jim