Re: Alarm bell boxes

  • Subject: Re: Alarm bell boxes
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:34:33 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Kearns" <robkearns@y...> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good bell box for my Comfort alarm?

To my mind, the main objective of the sounder is to alert the intruder
that they have been caught at it. Excessively loud sounders installed
*within* the premises are one way of doing this. Certainly, in London,
alarm bell boxes are routinely ignored by all and sundry, including
the local plod, and just serve to irritate the local community. I
suppose the visual "I have an alarm" deterrent element is useful,
however.

A subscription to Intamac might also be worthwhile. They'll send
alerts to a series of nominated mobiles until they receive a response,
and will optionally send a chap round if notified of an alarm trigger
to inspect/secure the premises - and unlike most monitoring companies,
they don't insist on Nacoss approval to enable monitoring.

Patrick