Re: Advice on building a silent PC needed.

  • Subject: Re: Advice on building a silent PC needed.
  • From: "Shaf Ali" <shaf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:24:07 -0000 (GMT)

I've gone down both routes for silencing a convential pc you'll probably
fork out a lot more than you expect....

Typically I ended up researching and buying silent fans,raping PSU's, low
db hard disks and applying chipset cooling, vibration dampening.. This all
costs money : Results were good but no way completely silent more like a
wisper when you out your head next to the PC....

To be completely silent - solid state is the only way (mini-itx mobo with
passive cooling for the cpu : No fans, compact flash instead of a hard
disk)... but you'll be limited by power so I have it runnning my HA
operations under linux.

Shaf