Latest message you have seen: Re: What Multimeter? General HA Use

Re: Netgear wireless music streamer (MP101)

  • Subject: Re: Netgear wireless music streamer (MP101)
  • From: "theshawmeister" <iain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:44:32 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...>
wrote:
> Anyone have any experience of this box?  A friend of mine was
looking at the
> Squeezeboxes, but these come out at around half the price....

<soapbox>

I've got both - An old SliMP3, A Squeezebox and a MP101

I've found the MP101 a really frustrating device compared to the
slim devices products.

Aesthetically I think it's a better looker, looks less like a
refugee alarm clock, but apart from that it really annoys me.

Key issues:
unresponsive remote, willingness to lose the server, flaky server
software, difficult to read display.

The Slim Devices feel responsive, are supported by a great
community - and manufacturers, benefit from SlimServer and just work
well.

You can put a Squeezebox together with a Psion Wavefinder - Expansys
have still got some refurbs - download DABBAR and have a simple way
of streaming Digital radio MP2.

Pay a bit more than the MP101 and get a Squeezebox or Squeezebox
wireless - money well spent </soapbox>