Latest message you have seen: Re: (OT) On line photo albums

RE: [ukha_d] How to spend £5,000

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] How to spend £5,000
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:17:08 +0100

=20

=20
The excellent Nebula Digi TV card (FreeView) has multicast streaming built
in - it will allow either one channel or a complete multiplex to be
streame=
onto your LAN. A mutiplex normally supplies about 5 or so channels. On
client PC's a supplied software application is used to watch TV and yes you
can change channels within the multiplex without upsetting other users, OR
you can ask it to switch multiplexes so you can watch any channel remotely.
An upcoming software release will support mutiple cards in one PC to allow
you to multicast specific channels to clients.  A single channel is about
4MB/s and a multiplex about 30MB/s I think - so for a full multiplex you
need a 100MB/s connection - and good fast switches.=20=20

PLUS it has a xAP TV Display overlay which we are showing at UKHA :-)

Kevin