Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: How to spend £5,000

  • Subject: Re: How to spend £5,000
  • From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:16:10 +0100

>VideoLAN is a software solution that can stream from a number of
inputs...

Im familiar enought with the IT side of it, but not so sure on the remote
control aspect of it.

>As such, it could do cable. Changing channels would need some other
widget,
>but xAP (and I'm sure, xPL) have solutions there, so any web browser in
the
>house could send an IR command to change the channel on a box.

I guess its the Digital-STB compatible IR transmitter I need, and a PC
hooked up to do the video capture and wireless streaming.

Dont have any xAP/XPL at present, just X10 so I'd need to investigate that
route further.

>Are you coming to UKHA2004?

I wish I was! Unfortunately, I'm exhitibiting at a computer show that same
weekend so wont be able to make it :(

Cheers,

/Neil/
www.spellings.net

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended
as
an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument
are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made
herein
do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.