Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: OT Backup PC to DVD Software

I have just started to use Acronis TrueImage 7 to do full partition backups
to disk and to DVD.  This seems to work well and you can schedule
incremental backups.  Not sure if you can backup up certain directories or
just partition though as I've only been using it a week.

It also allows you to set aside a hidden partition on the disk where you
can store a system backups so that when the computer reboots you can press
F11 and it will allow you to restore from that image incase you corrupt the
system partition.  Obvious doesn't protect against a hard drive failure but
then you have the DVD's or network copy backup for that.

http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/

S.

"Paul Gale"
<groups@silicon        To:     <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
pixel.com>             cc:
Subject:     RE: [ukha_d] OT Backup PC to DVD Software
10/05/2004
08:57
Please respond
to ukha_d

I tried several products- Nero has a backup app that will do this.

I never was really satisfied though and ended up going for a tape drive
solution. The main problem was that the DVD-R would stop writing part way
into a large backup i.e. would fail on disc 8 of 15 !!!

Paul.

DVD-RW