Re: OT : Keeping the kid safe...

Phil Harris wrote:
> Demon Spawn has been bugging me for internet access on his PC and I'm
> tempted to give in if for no other reason than I want to spare the
> laptop that is set up downstairs for Jo (my lovely Compaq Armada M300
> which is one of the best built lappies I've ever seen) from the
> keyboard pounding that it gets when DS decides to play those ruddy
> games on the CBBC website.
>
> Anyway - are any of you running any of the NetNanny or CyberSitter
> type software and would care to post back whether you find it
> effective and easy to implement/administer?

If you're not adversed to running a Linux box, or you already have IPcop
running, you can't do better than a peek at http://www.dansguardian.org.
It's the best I've ever found.  Comprehensive blacklists and whitelists,
regexp url matching, and probably other features since I last looked at it.
It's all nice and simple to setup, especially with IPcop.  Just don't
forget
to RTFM ;-)

Cheers,
Andy