RE: OT - Best place to buy a PC

  • Subject: RE: OT - Best place to buy a PC
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 06:48:25 +0100

Since this is turning into the Dell supporters club . . .

I'll add my recommendation for Dell too. I deploy the Optiplex range onto
remote sites for industrial control (via PLC) and have had excellent
experiences (approx 50-60 machines). Our MIS dept also uses Dell
exclusively for desktops & laptops now.

One brand I would steer well clear of is IBM. With experiences from my
environment (Process Controls) and from the Corporate IT group, the IBM
machines just don't have the reliability :-((

HTH,

Tim H.

+