OT: Minimum spec for MP3 server

Does anyone know what the minimum spec would be for a computer to work as a
Mp3 server?

I want to run itunes and on the apple website quote this:

Windows XP or 2000
500 MHz Pentium class processor or better
QuickTime 6.5.1 (included)
128 MB RAM minimum/256 RAM recommended

Now a 500mhz pentium class processor? I guess a p1 running at 500mhz is
good enough?

Does that mean a celeron running at 400mhz is not good enough?

What would your recommendations be?

Basically want cheap and good enough to run it without falling over.

I don't intend to buy off the shelf, I will buy the bits myself  and put it
together. Any thoughts .. I guess a lot of you have done this before.

Thanks in advance,

Ho yin