RE: Touchscreen kiosk - extended monitor cable

  • Subject: RE: Touchscreen kiosk - extended monitor cable
  • From: "David Yeend" <david.yeend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:57:48 +0100

Hi,

If you follow this link:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21424&page=49&pp=15

and look at message #726 there is a chap who claims to have ordered a
24" cable from Meritec

"Also I got a price quote from meritec on making a 24" cable to
extend the flat screen. It takes about two weeks to make the cable and cost
about $36.00. I will be ordering one tomorrow and see if it works. I had
been told that 24" was probably the maximum the onboard 6900
controller would push."

There was no follow up to this but another message much earlier in the
thread talked about someone getting an extension cable and proving it to
work. They also managed to extend the touch screen cable with no problem. I
think it as in the order of 18". I'll have a look later and see if I
can find it.....

Dave, I am sure you posted about the price of an LVDS extension solution in
the past but I can not seem to find it - can you post with that detail
again please?

Regards,

David