Re: Touchscreen kiosk - extended monitor cable

Hi Ho Yin and James,

The Kiosk LCD interface is not a standard analogue VGA type, it is a
digital 18bit interface (6 bits per Red, Green and Blue signals) with a
bit clock and horizontal and vertical sync inputs. If anyone wants a
copy of the datasheet, let me know.

As I said before, the only way to extend this is to use an LVDS
transmitter and receiver pair. This would allow up to 12m extension.

The only downside by the way of all this is that the touch screen
controller is integrated onto the motherboard and therefore you are not
going to be able to extend the cable from the touch screen as this must
be kept short. If it where a separate controller, then no problem.

Dave...