From: John Nye
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 10:03 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Audio setup

Apologies for the simplistic nature of this post to all you audiophiles out
there but I really do not
understand all this audio stuff - but I can learn:-)

I want to:
1. take an output from a sound card on a PC
2. feed it to a spare amp that I have (sony)
http://www.multimod.com/uk/shop/612-sony-ta-fe230-amplifier.html
3. Feed 2 sets of speakers and be able to turn off or control the volume on
each set.

In my box of bits I've acquired but never used - how familiar does that
sound -:)  - I Have a Vivanco audio switchboard that has 'overload
protection through an
automatic circuit breaker' and a couple of BTech volume controls
http://www.b-tech-int.com/BT936.html

But I'm a bit worried that I will blow the amp if I connect it up wrongly.

Can anyone give me some advice whether I can use the bits I have and how to
connect them.

TIA

John

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - THIS MONTH!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha