Re: Morex external PSUs

Dave

This mod does sound easy and I will certainly consider it if my cpu
fan change isn't sufficient. However, a quick check of the
specification of the main connector doesn't help me to identify the
wire(s) that can be used. I cannot see anything that would relate to
fan control and I guess that the only +12v wire on pin 10 would
affect the supply to the mb. Can you help?

BR
David

PS In case you hadn't guessed I am not too familiar with tampering
with psu's

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Dave McLaughlin <dave@v...> wrote:
> Thinking about it again Phil,
>
> What I also was trying to imply, was that you can keep the original
PSU
> and use a FAN speed controller on it. Some modification is
required, but
> if you can handle a soldering iron then it is not too hard to
achieve
> and will work out considerable less than a Morex PSU. Just my 2p
worth.

> Most of the fan speed controllers have an input and an output. The
FAN
> in the power supply has a plug in connection to the PCB which can
be
> removed. You can then cut the wire in half, and then solder in the
FAN
> speed controller inline and put the connector back into the PCB. I
> brought the wires out through the rear of the case through one of
the
> vent holes.
>
> Hope this sounds easy??
>
> Dave...
>
> Phil Harris wrote:
>

> > There you go again Dave...
> >
> > ...it's a bit like someone coming on here and saying "It's
simple
if you