[OT]Caddy disc in Compaq ProLiant ML350

  • Subject: [OT]Caddy disc in Compaq ProLiant ML350
  • From: "michael.furlong" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:56:12 +0100

Sorry for the off topic post but I am having a problem getting a caddy
mounted disc to work in a Compaq proliant and thought you folks might
be able to help.

Basically the system tells me there is a problem with the cable or
disc on boot up. The proliant is a fairly old P3 model running W2000
server  so I was wondering if the issue could be support of a large
(120GB) disc.

I have tried every combination of master/slave/cs and I have tried the
existing cable (which works with a cd rom drive) and a new cable. None
of these seem to work.

The caddy system is a Beantech and it works fine in a more modern
system running Win XP Pro.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks
Mick