Re: Morex external PSUs

Hi James

The existing power supply is not too bad if you slow down the fan on the
PSU. Most of the noise I find comes from the hard drive itself.

I built a simple PWM controller with an external switch so that I could
have 33%, 66% and full speed settings. On the 33% it is very quite and
even after a few days running there is hardly any heat build up. The
system takes way less than the 150W rating of the supply.

Much cheaper than a new supply. Well it was for me as I already had the
microcontroller board lying around doing nothing. I know it may be
overkill, but it does work and cost me nothing other than time to put
together.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Dave...