RE: OT (ish): LV Halogen Kit Tripping MCB

  • Subject: RE: OT (ish): LV Halogen Kit Tripping MCB
  • From: "Robert Crawshaw" <golcarbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 16:26:09 +0100

Hello Dave

You could try a different TYPE of MCB  (different TYPE..  NOT make)
A,B,C,D
I had the same problemm with my LV lamps when I first fitted them
I think the standard type of mcb is B, you could try maybe a type C,
which handles the initial switch on surge better. There is a type D
aswell, but im not sure thay make them in 6A, I think they are for
welding equipment etc=20

I have about 16 LV lights in my kitchen, but the type C 6A MCB couldn=92t
handle that many and I had to change the MCB for a 10A type C one.

HTH

Regards

Robert Crawshaw=20