Latest message you have seen: RE: CCTV DVR choices

xAP xPL EIB C-BUS X10 - choice overload!

Hey all,

Stupid question I know (well, it's me asking it so...).  What is the
difference between xAP and xPL?

I'm still baffled by all the different systems available EIB or C-
Bus for lighting, xAP or xPL for status monitoring oh and X10 for
lighting / power control!

The problem I have is as follows:

I want to monitor my server rack for temperature, power status, fan
control (preferebly automated when the temperature is too warm) -
>from
very smart LCD display next to my workstation downstairs so I can
see if there are any 'alerts').  I'd also like to have master
control over the racks power - i think X10 would allow me to do this.

Is there a program or hardware etc that will let me monitor the
status of my APC UPS over xAP/PL?

I know it sounds silly but most of the details on xAP/PL are WAY
over my head - even though I think they will do what I want! :)

Thanks for the help once again!

Matt

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx