Latest message you have seen: Fw: Re: Please Digg...

Re: Wired Dimming / Switching

Hi Mal,

I had the same problem - all decorated up but still access through
the loft.
I pulled in some 2 extra wires from the switch to the ceiling rose
and put an LD11/AD10 in a din box in the loft. (did this for 5 rooms)
This gives me instant on (in case of the AD10) and pc control via x10.
It was rather painfull pulling these extra wires through existing
tubing though - but it saved me a lot of $$ not buying the
micromodules And SWMBO only noticed the difference after a while ;-)

rgds,
Rob.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@f...> wrote:
> It's a tricky one, because the cord is connected to a micro module,
which
> sends X10 signals to a wired dimming module.  Holding the cord is
supposed
> to do the dimming...
>
> The current system is an (expensive) alternative to an LD11, but
with a lag
> instead of a soft start.  Sigh.
>
> All I ever wanted was instant on full bright, instant off control
>from
> pull cord, with holding the cord for dimming.  The module used to
exist
> (LD10) then some bright spark decided to replace it and that soft
start was
> a "feature", and not the guest-unfreindly annoyance that
I've found
to be
> :-(
>
> Still, I'm sure everyone in this group has had enough of me
whinging about
> that by now ;-)
>
> Mal

can you