Re: Touchscreen PCs back on Ebay

Hi Rob,

I used a 6.5" TFT display made by NEC. There is a company in the US
still selling them cheap. New price is about £150 each from Sunrise
Electronics in the UK.

They are a digital input panel so won't hook up to a standard PC but any
of the embedded single board PC's will work and quite a few now are
running 800Mhz+ processors. There is even VIA based boards out there too
at around the £200 price range.

Check out this link to my website.

http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk/Projects/MP3_Player/mp3_player.html

As you will see, I created a neat fold up LCD housing from a plastic
enclosure and the same type of hinges used in laptops. It folds up under
the kitchen units to keep SWMBO happy. A bit like the ICE box but at a
fraction cheaper :o)

I used a NX Geode based SBC which I won on eBay. It runs Windows 98 and
is very stable as I only have the 2 applications working on it all the
time. Plays MP3's a treat but you do notice the machine slow down
slightly, but not that it matters too much.

I have updated the software since the pictures where taken and added
quite a few new features.

Dave...

Rob Mouser wrote:

> Thanks Dave
>
> You've got me interested :-)
> So what TFT are you using behind these units?
> What PC?
> Have you mounted all this in wall?
>
> So many questions...???????
>
> Rob

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx