Re: ESP Infinite Alarm

Marc

Wow, cheers for that reivew. Could soemone please ensure that this=20
goes on the automatedhome website?

Sounds like this alarm is very similar to the Powermax.

Just one little thing to add

The manafacturers site is

http://www.espuk.com/

Regards

Ben

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marc" <yahoogroups@s...> wrote:
> OK, here's a quick review..
>=20
> The Infinite alarm system is flexibility at it's best. The basic=20
control
> panel not much more than a standard alarm panel. It offers 32=20
wireless
> zones, 32 user codes, event log, internal siren, two way audio,
> hardwired zone, and 3 different arming modes. Where the Infinite=20
alarm
> panel get's it's flexibility is the range of optional add-on=20
modules and
> wireless sensors/controls. The optional modules allow the user to=20
pick
> and choose certain features of the alarm and thus not paying for
> features they don't need or want. All the add-on modules are=20
installed
> directly inside the control panel then setup via the panels LCD=20
display,
> or via an optional RS232 interface. The standard kit consists of the
> control panel, 2 PIR's, 1 remote keyfob, 1 Door contact, and the=20
power
> supply. The kit does not include any of the great add-ons that make=20
this
> system great, these need to be purchased separately.
>=20
> The ESCOMMS add-on module allows the user to set the alarm up for=20
either
> 24 hour monitoring (supplied by Infinite at cost) or self=20
monitoring.
> The self monitoring feature will dial a number of your choice when=20
an
> event is triggered. These can include Alarm, Fire, or Tamper. The
> installation of the module is straight forward, but obviously does
> require a PTSN line nearby. Once the call is connected, you can=20
enter a
> pin number and activate two way audio. This allows you to
"Listen=20
in" to
> the site. Once the call is terminated, the system reactivates any=20
sirens
> that are configured to run. If the alarm is to be fitted somewhere=20
out
> of site, this can effect the performance of the two way audio. This=20
is
> where the Infinite Interphone comes in handy. This little box is
> basically an external speaker and microphone that can be placed=20
outside
> of an installation point to allow better two way audio. It should be
> noted however that the Interphone is a hard wired device, so you=20
will
> need to run a cable from the control panel to the unit.=20
>=20
> The Infinite system also offers a GSM module that works much the=20
same
> way, but also offers text messages used to inform the user of events
> that have occurred, and even control devices around the home (via
> optional ESHA add-on). The ES GSM is basically a mobile phone that=20
you
> plug directly into the control panel. Signal strength at the chosen
> installation site should be taken into consideration to avoid=20
problems.=20
>=20
> The Home Automation module is another add-on that's installed=20
directly
> into the control panel. Once installed this little unit allows the
> Infinite alarm to communicate with X10 devices. These devices can be
> switched on or off under numerous events such. These events include
> arming or dis-arming of the alarm, triggering of the alarm, or even=20
just
> activation of one particular sensor. Using the "On By
Zone"=20
feature, I
> was able to use the wireless PIR's (that are not directly compatible
> with X10) as occupancy sensors. The On By Zone feature allows you to
> define a HA Unit that will be switched on when movement is=20
detected, and
> this works if the alarm is armed or not. This extends to all zones,=20
so
> even door contacts can send an X10 ON/OFF command. Here's a=20
screenshot
> of my
> Homeseer screen (a bit outdated now):
> http://www.serenitymeadow.com/images/sec.jpg=20
> The home automation module also offers the user the ability to=20
define
> schedules for turning on/off X10 devices when the alarm is=20
armed.These
> devices can be set to certain times, or to random times. An optional
> remote control (ES-HA) allows you to control your HA devices via=20
remote
> control anywhere in the home.
>=20
> The Infinite alarm does not directly attach to external sirens. For=20
this
> you need the Wireless sounder module. This module allows you to=20
connect
> existing sirens to your Infinite system. The WSM is installed local=20
> the siren, and then uses wireless signals to talk to the panel.=20
This WSM
> provides full connection to external sirens allowing Hold
> Off/Strobe/Trigger. The external siren delay, cut off etc can be=20
defined
> via the control panel. I had no problems getting the WSM working=20
with my
> old "Wired" external bell box.=20
>=20
> Sensors for the Infinite alarm come in all different shapes and=20
sizes.
> We have two types of PIR's. One for rooms with pets, and one for=20
rooms
> without. They are simply placed in the desired location and then
> registered with the control panel. Each sensor takes up one zone,=20
which
> limits the panel to 32 sensors. Although the Infinite alarm only=20
has one
> hardwired zone, there are ways round this. The 33rd hardwired zone
> connects directly to the control panel, but what's also available=20
is the
> Infinite Universal Transmitter. This basically works by connecting a
> hardwired contact/sensor to the universal module (installed locally)
> which then talks via wireless to the control panel. This means you=20
can
> have more than one hard wired zone.=20
>=20
> The magnetic door contacts work much like the PIR's.. Stick them in=20
the
> desired location and register them with the control panel. The=20
downside
> of the door contacts are their size. They are a large and awkward,=20
and
> look a bit odd on the door. The remote keyfobs are fantastic for=20
those
> of you that hate rushing inside to put the code in the panel. This
> little bad boys work just like a car alarm remote fob.. Simply=20
approach
> the house and press disarm. Each keyfob is registered with the=20
control
> panel. Only keyfobs registered with the panel will work with your=20
alarm,
> and they can be easily deleted if lost. One downside I have found=20
with
> these keyfobs is that it's very easy to accidentally disarm the=20
alarm
> when putting keys in your pocket.. So beware !
>=20
> The fire alarm sensor is one of the main reasons I bought the=20
Infinite
> system. This sensor will monitor for smoke, and if detected will=20
trigger
> the alarm. When installing the fire alarm, it is setup as such via=20
the
> control panel. This allows the alarm to be activated if smoke is
> detected, even if the alarm is disarmed. The main selling point for=20
me
> was, that once the alarm had been triggered because of fire.. It=20
will
> then use the PSTN of GSM module to call you.
>=20
> All in all it's a fantastic alarm. It's easy to add new sensors,=20
and you
> can start off with the basic system and build it up to meet your
> requirements. I've already added sensors to my garage etc, which=20
took
> about 10 minutes to install. I think it would have taken me all day=20
> do that with a hardwired alarm. When used in conjunction with the
> various add-on modules, the Infinite alarm becomes a powerful home
> security system. I have interfaced my Infinite system with my=20
Homeseer
> system. This allows me to have various Homeseer events that are
> triggered by various Infinite sensors. I have found the range of the
> sensors to be excellent. One of my out buildings, a shed, is over 20
> meters away, and I have several concrete walls between it and the
> control panel. I've had no problems getting the two to talk. The=20
alarm
> allows for 3 different type of arming modes, Full, Part and=20
Perimeter.
wrote:
> > Sweet, thanks mate. Doing it now :)
> >=20=20