Re: [OT] Pan-European call system

Take a look at asterisk ( http://www.asterisk.org ) link the pbx's
(use IAX trunking) using your existing data connections or internet.
If you have limited bandwidth then use gsm compression, if bandwidth
abounds then use ulaw/alaw ... If your existing pbx is able to take
E1 cards then you can link those up too, using LCR you can then route
calls to offices and international destinations over the links...

If you want some more info on this give me a shout... I've also done
a guide to setting up asterisk which may help..
http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

HTH - and thank Doogie for pointing out your message to me :D

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...>
wrote:
> Guys
>
> Totally OT, but I'm sure someone will be able to help.
>
> In short, I've got a call centre in the UK, and satellite centres
in Germany
> and France (with more coming in the Nordics).  At the moment,
they're all
> totally disconnected from each other, and we just have local
numbers in each
> country diverting to the relevant call centre.  However, if we need
to xfer
> a call to France, we can do that, but at that point, the call is
lost if the
> French don't pick it up.  Also, we've got French speakers in 2 call
centres
> (UK & France), but because the systems are not joined up, if Agent
1 is
> busy, the caller will just go to a message, rather than being
xferred to
> Agent 2 in France.
>
> So, what I'm after is a 'joined-up' system, that will keep all
calls within
> a logical group.  In can be GSM based if that's easier, but above
all, we
> need to keep the start-up cost to a minimum.  We've been talking to
O2 about
> a closed GSM caller group, but they can't quite give us what we
need at the
> moment.
>
> Any ideas, without pending a fortune??  Thanks

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx