RE: ESP Infinite Alarm

Hey :)

Yeah, I bought it last year and it's still running like a dream. The
thing I love about this alarm is the ease in which you can add more
sensors. I've just recently added 3 fire alarms to it which not only
give me peace of mind whilst im in the house, but also when I'm away :)

The alarm also integrates well with Homeseer or other home automation
systems. The alarm allows you to send X10 signals when a sensor is
triggered, which can then act as a occupancy sensor. Have a look at
this: http://www.serenitymeadow.com/images/ha.jpg
That's a picture of my
homeseer screen. You can see the sensors and alarm status. All this is
reported to homeseer from the Inifite x10 interface. The options for
this alarm seem endless :) I can't wait to see what the RS232 interface
has in store. I myself have not yet tried the RS232 software, but I
believe Chris (On this list) is in the process of getting the required
software from Infinite. Any update Chris ?

All in all it's a fantastic alarm. It's certainly not as flexible as a
Comfort, but at a fraction of the cost, it's a damn good buy. I'll be
moving house this year, and you can damn well bet I'll be taking this
alarm with me to the new house :)

Cheers

Marc