RE: High output downlights

> For people looking for High Brightness downlights i've just had
> information
> on a Metal Halide downlight that is equivalent in size to a standard
mains
> downlight i.e. GU/GZ10 style. Actual dims 51 diameter.

Nice :)

> This is the bumf.
>
> 65Lm/W - colour rendering Ra=90 warm white appearance (3000k)
> allows mixing
> with standard halogen sources.

Hmmm, I thought metal halides were nearer daylight (around 5.5K), maybe
they've tweaked something?

> Output is 3 Times !! that of normal Tungsten Halogen - woo that'll
leave
> spots in your eyes :)
>
> Dont know if its dimmable, i assume not - but will investigate
further.

Make sure you find out how much the bulbs are to replace - and ensure you
are sitting down!

James H

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx