[OT] Request info: 2004/2005 Computing internships

Greetings! I'm a 2nd Year Computer Science student at the University
of Manchester, England, and I'm looking to expose myself to you all.
Not in a streaking kind of way, mind.

As many of you will know, "the industry" isn't exactly prime at
the
moment, and as such locating placement opportunities for a 12month
internship is proving rather difficult. As some background, I've
applied to perhaps 30 companies and had only 5 responses. Of those,
two invited me for interviews, one to an assessment centre.

Having explored all the opportunities I felt obvious, links from my
university and so on, I'm now turning to you to offer suggestions and
advice.

If you work for a company that does indeed offer internships for IT-
related positions, and your recruitment process is still on-going, or
perhaps your company has not advertised, or previously considered an
internship scheme, any information you can offer me will be greatly
appreciated.

I have a PDF version of my CV available at http://bid.ath.cx/cv2.pdf
and I would appreciate any replies be sent to chris@xxxxxxx.

Thankyou for your time and in advance, your help.

Chris Bidwell

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx