Re: Re: Apache Reverse proxying - WAS Introduction and first questions

Thanks for that :)

Ok - the next question - instead of having a virtual host... can you
have a virtual directory that gets its source from another host?

www.planetwayne.com -> my default web server - pages and all, normal
there...
www.planetwayne.com/images -> returns web pages from another host (via
proxy) eg 192.168.1.2/images/camera1/

Ta
Wayne.

<mph@a...>
>wrote:
>

>>OK - my own config had got a bit bizarre, and was coming up with
odd

>errors,
>

>>so I've installed a clean version on my test server :-)
>>

>>1: Install Apache 2. (I'm using 2.0.48, because I had it handy -
>>

>otherwise
>

>>get the latest from www.apache.org)
>>
>>2: Go to start / programs / apache http server 2.x.x / configure
>>

>/ edit
>

>>the configuration
>>
>>2.1: Uncomment the following lines (about 3 screenfuls down in the
>>

>config
>

>>file)
>>
>>LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
>>LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
>>LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
>>

>>2: Add a name-based virtual host directives by pasting the bottom
at

>the end
>

>>of the file.
>>
>>(You'll want to change the references to the server names and IP
>>

>addresses
>

>>to reflect your network - I'd fairly odd in running 10.14/16
>>

>internally -
>

>>most people use 192.168...)
>>
>>---------START ON NEXT LINE---------
>>
>> NameVirtualHost *:80
>>
>><VirtualHost *:80>
>>ServerName harmony.ascentium.co.uk
>>proxyrequests on
>>proxypass / http://10.14.16.22/
>>proxypassreverse / http://10.14.16.22/
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>><VirtualHost *:80>
>>ServerName xapcache.ascentium.co.uk
>>proxyrequests on
>>proxypass / http://10.14.16.14/
>>proxypassreverse / http://10.14.16.14/
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>---------END ON PREVIOUS LINE---------
>>

>>3: Create DNS entries....
>>
>>3.1 Edit %windir%/system32/drivers/etc/hosts to add the server
names as
>>specified in 2....
>>
>>... note that ALL of these entries must point to the IP address of
>>

>the PROXY
>

>>server, not the server you are trying to proxy...
>>
>>3.2 Run NBTSTAT -R
>>
>>(note that the R must be upper-case, running it -r will show
NetBios