RE: [OT] Underfloor heating advice

I know this is cross-posting but I've just put this up on Uk_selfbuild

I've been a member of the UKHA forum for a while now and due to a
retrospective planning (listed building) application being APPROVED I now
find myself in the surprising position of being able to continue with the
work !

I 'm damp-proofing two underground/under-road vaulted cellars in Bath Spa.
Below are a few pics of the work in progress.  The idea is to create a
playroom and a storeroom.

http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/pict1.jpg
http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/pict2.jpg
http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/pict3.jpg
http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/pict4.jpg
http://www.perfectmotion.co.uk/pict5.jpg

The basic build so far has been a new concrete floor slab.  Insulation has
been installed under the concrete.  The Newton 500 damp system drains into
central drain between the two vaults.  I've run in a bunch of
CAT5/coax/audio signal cables from the main house and will be starting the
electric first fix soon.

The main question at the moment concerns the under floor heating.  The idea
is the walls are all curved and radiators would take up valuable wall
space.
In an ideal world I would like the under floor heating to provide enough
heat to heat the whole room.  The main problem I've got is head height.
The
Vaults have low ceilings so I'm trying to keep the floor as 'thin' as
possible and avoid a thick layer of screed on top of the Newton membrane.
I'm also considering electric under floor heating as pumping water around
the rooms I'm trying to keep dry seems to be asking for trouble.

My current idea is a floating floor positioned on top the of Newton
covering
the floor .It would be made up of  a layer of 1 inch Selotex on top of
which
would go 18mm chipboard then underlay, followed by under-carpet heating
mats
then finally a low-tog carpet. So all in that's about 50 mm ( excluding
carpet ) of lost head height.

What do people think ? Is it possible to use a more conventional system and
only use 50mm in height.  Thanks in advance. Jeff