Re: Speed trap detection

>From a software point of view if you use Tom Tom you'll need...

Checkpoint http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/
which is the free camera locat=
ion software you are referring to.

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php
 is the location for the fre=
e speed camera database.

I've found the setup to be both comprehensive and reliable.

Mark

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Graham Howe=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:57 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Speed trap detection

Due to an unfortunate points situation, I find myself in urgent need of b=
uying something to warn me of the presence of speed cameras. I have been
lo=
oking at the Road Angel products which use GPS and an annual subscription
b=
ut the it was suggested that the same can be done with iPaq and a GPS.

As I don't have an iPAQ or any SatNav, I thought I could kill several bir=
ds with one stone by going down that route. So what I am looking for is a
r=
ecommendation on the components I need to provide PDA, SatNav and camera
de=
tection/warning.

From eBuyer I have seen the following:
TOMTOM Navigator 3 - Bluetooth Gps + Map Of Great Britain (060211) =A3139=
.32
TOMTOM Holder - For Ipaq 38xx/39xx/4150/5xxx (060971) =A333.89
HP iPAQ Pocket PC H2210 Intel XScale 400MHz 64M 3.8"TFT Bluetooth
Pocket =
PC 2003 (050344) =A3186.37

So that is a total of =A3359.58 + VAT and then I would need the 'Camera L=
ocation' software on top (not sure where I get this).

Does anyone have this sort of set up, how reliable is the SatNav (and cam=
era detection if you have it)? Does the camera detection software require
a=
regular subscription? How easy is it to set it all up and to move it from =
one car to another? Anything else I should consider?=20