RE: Re: X10 Motion detection

  • Subject: RE: Re: X10 Motion detection
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:24:38 +0100

=20

Nope :-( - the bathrooms have been a little slow in materialising but
getting closer.  The one easy fit turned out not to be the right style for
retrofit.

>=20
> I'm definitely interested in joining in a bulk buy of the sensors.

OK _ I have about 5 people interested now in the occupancy sensors so its
looking OK

>=20
> BTW did you ever get your CBUS installation completed ?=20

On the list - I have some installed and a demo system that runs traffic
light sequences in my office - neighbours think it=92s a disco.

> I'm interested to know if you successfully managed to wire=20
> in the switches using the existing in wall T&E cable=20
> instead of cat5e ? If this can be done then I may actually=20
> change tack and go with CBUS rather than X10, but its=20
> really not feasible to have to chase walls to get cat5e=20
> cables to light switches.

I have done this in a couple of places I must admit - although I haven't
publicly admitted it. Both are short runs - maybe 2m and I got access
immediately above. Of course I isolated all mains wiring in that down run.
It hasn't caused me a issues yet but I don=92t know if it will later as I
h=
ave
a few more to add.  In a couple of places my down runs were in conduit or
plastic trunking and I managed to pull CAT5 back - but that rather means it
will be committed to C-Bus - wont be able to rip it out if I move - in one
=
managed a CAT5 alongside the exisiting mains - and I then isolated the
mains. This did allow a later revert situation but I just couldn=92t
squeez=
them through the second one.

Kevin

>=20
> Marcus
>=20
> ---- original message by Kevin Hawkins -----
>=20
> 	I have been trying to get some of the Ecolume sensors=20
> from Simon but having no luck in contacting him. So I'm=20
> likely to be ordering some directly
> - if anyone wants to jump on the back of my order and get=20
> some that's fine..
> Drop me a line. I think they are about =A330 per sensor from=20
> memory, maybe plus VAT. These are very sensitive small=20
> recessed in ceiling units about 1"
> square.=20
>=20
> 	I am also looking at some really tiny sensors - about=20
> the size of a pen cap - they protrude about 1/4" I guess,=20
> in white or black - not quite as sensitive as the Ecolume=20
> ones but they are marketed as occupancy sensors.
> Great as inconspicous sensors.
>=20
> 	Or Simon if you read this then are you still wanting to=20
> do this ???
=20