Re: Freeview boxes

Hi what sort of benefit do you get integrating to wirless etc....
----- Original Message -----
From: Maccy
To: HA (E-mail)
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Freeview boxes

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Benfield, John (ITD) wrote:
> I'm looking to get a new Freeview box as my original one seems to have
given
> up the ghost. Are all Freeviews boxes born the same (ie. get the
cheapest)
> or are there different features that I should be looking for?

Depends what you want to do....simply watch the TV/Radio offerings, or a
bit more by connecting to your PC for instance?

If the latter I can highly recommend the Netgem or the BT i-player which I
have integrated nicely into my wireless environment. The BT version has
CLID features, the Netgem a card slot for pay TV services.

Will you be subscribing to Top-Up TV, or wish to in the future? If so make
sure you buy one with a suitable card slot....

Maccy