Latest message you have seen: Re: Ultra quiet and cool HDD's?

RE: rotation

  • Subject: RE: rotation
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:42:50 +0100

My Gut instinct is telling me that this may not be beefy enough and may be
noisy?
No experience with these, just a feeling... still for =A315 ?

As for the rotation to position,  how about a couple of simple micro
switches wired in the motor end stop fashion with diodes?
Push a button (or operate a relay to drive from end stop to other end stop)
see <http://www.techno-stuff.com/limit.htm>
 Note these switches are show a=
Normally open types in this diagram! They should  in fact be normally
close=
types (i.e. use the NC and C contacts of a micro switch)

To drive the actuator use a DPCO relay to swap the polarity of the supply
t=
the motor=20

Couple of things to be wary of : If you use a normal DPCO relay (i.e. a non
latching type) then the drive will return to one end stop if coil power is
removed from the relay,  this could cause unexpected rotation of the
screen=
!

This brings us to the second point - with big objects like this there is
th=
possibility of entrapment, especially with kids about, so It's wise to
ensure that there is some type of clutch or safety link in the system, the
aerial rotator may already incorporate this either by stalling or with a
clutch.

HTH

Dave

P.S. Good Luck!  Cant's wait to see the finisded result - post a movie when
it's done ;-)