Latest message you have seen: RE: Comfort Design Question

RE: Re: Laser - new X10 ?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Laser - new X10 ?
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:03:12 +0100

> Having scene capability is surprisingly useful for coordinating a
group of
> lights with minimum X-10 transmission time.

Incredibly useful! I'm using two of these modules on test just now while
the
little bugs are ironed out and the modules made ready for final release. It
is a joy to press one button on the Pronto and several lamps react in
different ways dependent on the pre-stored scene commands. This is one of
the features I always wanted in X10 in the UK that was missing and I think
it makes it a far nicer solution, especially for retro-fit.

A nice thing is that they use the "Leviton Dim" so soft fade
up/down is
there and, as Li said, the ramp rate can be customised. So far as I can
tell
by messing about with them the ramp rate can also be set per scene, so for
example, you can have a soft fade down over a set period for say a
projector
powering up whilst having a rapid fade up off an occupancy sensor. Very
nice. :)

I'm also pleased to report that since I installed the two I have they have
not yet skipped a beat or missed a command so I'm impressed with them, very
impressed.

> We probably have two versions available, the DIN rail version and the
> current project-box-with-leads version.

The box with leads is ideal for the like of table lamps, which is what I'm
using now, as they can be installed inline very easily indeed.

There's even sexy little blue LED's on them that report any X10 traffic
with
a flash. ;)

I will be writing all of it up for AH as soon as John Hill and I are
finished messing about with the modules and have them to a stage we're
happy
with.

K.