RE: roomba

The lack of self-docking is a pain (it'll always run out of juice under a
bed or something else equally inconvenient!), but it's no big deal.  The
Trilobite does dock, but for =A3800 more, is it worth it? (though it is a
m=
uch
better product overall, so it's not an entirely fair statement).
=20
I'm not sure the newer feature are worth much; one comes with a remote
control, but I can't see that as being exceptionally useful.  What they
should do is release a machine with an increased bin size, and built-in
rapid charger.
=20
I imported a fair number of these about 18 months ago, when they we're
stil=
in very short demand in the US, yet alone over here.  At lease 20 people on
this list have a Roomba from the original import.  Now you can buy them at
Comet, although it would still be cheaper to get a cheap flight to NY, buy
one, and bring it back.  As a guide, at today's exchange rates, you should
be able to get a Roomba landed and C&E'd for about =A3145. Add a tenner
for=
UK charger. Lets Automate will take the hassle out of it for about =A3195.
=20
And yes, they do clean up to the edge.  The ability of a Roomba is always a
contentious point; My wife thinks that only someone with 'student beliefs'
would solely rely on a Roomba; i.e. a Dyson would need to come out once in
=
while for a proper clean.
=20
Shamefully, I've not used mine for ages and ages, and in fact it's only
eve=
really been used for demos.  It'll be going on eBay soon, maybe tomorrow as
it's a free listing day, as I have too much clutter.
=20
HTH
=20
Pete