air conditioning

Hi,

I was not reading the list in 2001 when you all rushed out to get
cheap air con. from Homebase. By the way, what make of split unit were
they selling?

I have been reading the archives and there was some confusion about
how you got the two parts of the unit on different sides of the wall.
How do you do that, as I got the impression from the old posts that
you should not disconnect them?

What make/model do you recommend for use in 2004?

Thanks.