From: Davey [mailto:DB1001@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 June 2004 13:14
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] OT: Mobile Phones - Bodge

Not strictly HA but I'm sure someone with a brain the size of a planet
will
know the answer to this....

I've a Orange PAYG (pay as you go) Nokia 5130.
I dropped it
Since dropping it it thinks it's in a car cradle... and so you can't hear
anything when answering it.
I've an old Nokia 5110 which used to be on vodafone then O2. The phone is
unlocked.

I insert the Orange simm.. in to the old Nokia but it doesn't see the
orange
network. Can I turn the old 5110 into an orange payg compatible phone ??.
I'm quite happy to bodge and break the old 5110... just need to know if
I'm
wasting my time in trying it in the first place and some pointers to
websites if I can..

ta.

Davey.

PS - Thanks to all those that replied to my bathroom speaker question.
Sorted this by adding a radio (in the loft) into the shower fan circuit.
Used the waterproof speakers above the shower (mounted flush in the
ceiling). Turn on the fan... get Radio 4 blaring at you... lo tech.. but
it
does what I need.