Re: Thoughts on light dimmers

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:10:40 +0100, you wrote:

>Have just returned from US trip where apartment had rotary dimmer=20
>controls. They were simple and smooth and obvious to use. (Although
non=20
>programmable)
>Thinking more I'm convinced this is the main reason why my LD11
based=20
>lighting is not that user friendly. I can use it, but all visitors
find=20
>it fiddly.
>It relies on push button control and always seems to come on at the=20
>wrong level!
>It's like push button volume controls, they aren't any good compared
to=20
>a simple rotary knob.
>
>I was about to add automate some more lights at home and maybe use
the=20
>C-BUS system, but now I know I need something with a knob or encoder.
>I'm sure others must find the same issues?
>Any ideas....
>
>Martin

I've always thought something like a laptop's mouse pad thingy would be
a nice interface to things like dimmers, audio controls, and anything
else that needed an analogue input.  However, I don't know if it could
be done cheaply enough to be commercially viable.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Audio programmer          There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...