Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

RE: Square D UK division

  • Subject: RE: Square D UK division
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:56:59 +0100

FYI - I had a look at their offering at the Cedia Expo, and wasn't
impressed. They use their own so-called Cat8 cable. They admit it isn=92t
Cat8. One thing it surely is, is very expensive. Their cable is something
like =A3130 a 500m drum IIRC. I think it had individually screened pairs
bu=
was only 26AWG. Anyhow, they appear to use the twisted pair cable for TV
signals as well, but not using any baluns (or anything else) at either end.

The guy I was speaking to was sort of lost when I tried finding out exactly
how it worked, but there was nothing about it that he could tell me that
made it look attractive. And you have to use their outlets which look ok,
but don't blend well if you have s/steel or any other fancy range of
outlets.

SJ